Detailed engineering are studies which creates a full defined scope of work for every aspect of project development. It is a multi-step process which includes conceptualization, research, feasibility analogy, establishing design requirements, preliminary design plans, detailed designing, production planning and tool design and finally moving towards actual production. Detail engineering studies are a key component for every project development across Mining, Infrastructure, energy, oil&gas sectors.
Detailed engineering companies have the best technical experts & a wide range of experience across various industries to carry out the tasks of project management at the maximum precision level.
Piping engineering is a specialised branch of detailed engineering dealing with design & layouts of piping network along with the Equipments in a process plant.
The images shown form a fully fledged blue print of a plant & are used for plant construction at site. The most important factors to be considered are:
- Process requirements
- Process safety
- Compliance with statutory requirements & economy
Piping detailed engineering process:
‘Piping’ includes the utility of components such as pipe, valves and fittings. A piping designer or a piping engineering company should be thoroughly acquainted with the equipment, instrumentation and related disciplines. A team of piping detailed engineering consists of Engineers, designers and construction personnel who get together to develop and design piping and instrumentation diagrams also known as P&ID (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams).
However, the process doesn’t stop there, they also make equipment plot plans, define the piping arrangements and make fabrication drawings.
A piping engineering company performs the following processes:
- Preparation of plot plan, equipment layouts piping studies, piping specification
- Review of process package
- Giving inputs to civil, vessel, electrical / instrumentation groups for various purposes
A piping engineering company ideally goes through the following plan of action to initiate the project:
- Preparation of piping layouts, isometrics, support Drawings
- Stress analysis
- Procurement assistance
- Preparation of drawings for statutory approvals
- Preview of vendor drawings
- Coordination with various engineering groups & site
And finally ends with completion & commissioning of plant.
Detail piping engineering: What does it involve?
Detail piping engineering consists of an engineering report for the use of various types of pipes and pumps with pressure drop calculations. It also consists of:
- Pipes and pumps specifications
- equipment selection and size
- instrumentation and process control
- other piping components such as valves, fittings, piping hangers and supports
Detail piping engineering : How helpful it is to you?
Detail piping engineering focuses on 3 primary pointers:
- how your piping systems should work;
- what materials must be used to make the piping structure for the engineering project;
- select the type of material to be used for certain pipes and piping components
Detailed engineering helps in drafting fabrication and construction specifications. It also helps piping consulting engineers to execute a thermal analysis, vibrating analysis and stress analysis for sound piping layout and implementation.